Today is the day I leave for a journey over an entire continent. Very ambitious and important sounding, I know. After graduating from Western in June, hiking across Washington along the Pacific Crest Trail in August, then spending four months with friends and family in Bellevue, it's time to go to South America!
The Plan
I'm thrilled to spend the next two months with two incredible women, Kate and Meghan! Kate and I are pre-school playmates and adult evironmentalist super friends. Meghan is my water activist companion and beloved Bellingham housemate.
The adventure includes trips in Colombia, Peru, and Patagonia, Chile. All my flights are round trip: southbound then northbound.
-Dec 30: The first stop will be Bogota, Colombia to spend New Years with Kate - Kate lives in Bogota since graduating from American Unicersity in the spring. So cool!
-Jan 4: Next I'll fly to Cusco, Peru to meet Meghan for a few days before we fly together to...
-Jan 9: PATAGONIA!! Where we'll meet Kate and go on a backpacking trek around glorious mountains!
-Jan 25: Meghan and I will go back north to Peru to volunteer at a women's weaving organization, Awamaki. Meghan is staying for a couple of months here using her talent in industrial design to assist in textile design. She's amazing!
-Feb 11: I'll leave Meghan in Peru to fly back to Bogota and spend my last three weeks with Kate.
-March 4: Return to Washington and begin working & saving money for next adventure
Here I am in the Seatac airport carrying bags and anticipation.
Update Edit
Due to a 2 hour delay leaving Seatac my flights changed and I'm now enduring my 13th (and final) hour at the Houston airport. Just a quick 6 hour flight left to arrive in Bogota!
Here's me sleeping under the airport bench about 3am. I met a nice family and hung out with them in the wee hours of the morn'.
Drinking a shot of wheat grass to maintain maximum airport health. Cheers and happy New Years!




No comments:
Post a Comment